2 - Nutrition and Colon Cancer
On this episode of the Triad Cancer Connection Podcast we’re talking about evidence-based guidelines regarding nutrition and physical activity when it comes to colon cancer.
We’re going to uncover the truth about what science shows are the most important things to eat for colon cancer risk reduction and survivorship and talk with colon cancer patient Tommy Mitchell about his experience with people offering nutrition advice and how he has managed to stick to key recommendations.
What we discuss:
- Defining what constitutes an “evidence-based” recommendation
- AICR colon cancer nutrition and activity guidelines
- The worst piece of nutrition advice Tommy has received (and some other not-so-great recommendations)
- Why you should be skeptical of diet documentaries and Facebook videos
- How to respond when people give you poor recommendations
- Finding a balance that makes healthy living an achievable goal
- Helpful tips for nutrition and physical activity when you’re not feeling well
American Institute for Cancer Research
The National Cancer Institute
American Cancer Society
Cancer Services, Inc.
Colon Cancer Coalition
Get Your Rear in Gear 2020 Race
Race Facebook Event Page