2. Optimism! What it is, and what it isn’t.
Optimism might seem obvious, but it’s not all “Pollyanna” “glass half full” silliness. We’ll look at the three big components that make up Optimism, as I see it.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Intentional Optimism - a refresher [3:22 ]
- Optimistic - hopeful, positive, proactive
- Present - having a sense of wonder, generous, kind/open
- Courageous - lead, adventure, resilient
- Energetic - industrious, energetic and life-focused
- Wise - understanding, words, respect
- Intentional - sense of purpose, plan, grow
- What is Optimism? [3:30 ]
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The 15 Invaluable Laws, by John C. Maxwell [16:19 ]
- “12 Ways to Cultivate an Optimistic Outlook”[18:38 ]
- Start looking for the positives - “flip the script.” [16:50 ]
- Identify areas where you need to prepare for something. [17:40 ]
- Where are you procrastinating? Find out why - this is where growth begins. [17:50 ]
- Ask WHAT IF? You may be surprised what you find. [18:17 ]
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know how I can be your professional encourager!