#20 The impact of training, nutrition and lifestyle on your menstrual cycle with Dr Anita Mitra
On this episode, I speak with Dr. Anita Mitra, a medical doctor and scientist who is working toward normalizing conversations around menstrual cycles.
Throughout our conversations, we don’t go too deep into the science around periods, but we do talk in-depth about what good nutrition looks like, how training can affect your cycle, and why sleep is a non-negotiable to have a healthy body and healthy period.
Take a listen to learn more about the impact of training, nutrition, and general lifestyle on y our menstrual cycle.
Some Questions I Ask:
· Introduce yourself. (2:35 )
· How are you helping people open their eyes and talk to their doctors about the state of their periods? (7:24 )
· How does stress affect periods? (19:36 )
· Talk to me about how food consumption affects periods? (31:12 )
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
· How Anita is working toward normalizing talking about periods. (6:05 )
· How Anita and Joslyn met. (11:17 )
· How exercise can either reduce stress or create additional stress in your life. (18:50 )
· Why it’s so important for women to prioritize bone strength. (27:34 )
· Why ketogenic diets and some vegan diets are not helpful long-term lifestyles. (31:49 )
· Anita’s advice for developing a healthy diet. (41:11 )
· The truth about dairy consumption. (44:49 )
· How sleeping fewer hours affects your body and brain’s functional abilities. (49:08 )
Connect with Anita:
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.