200. Jere Metcalf: How to Break into Luxury; And Build a Top Team
Today we flip the script.
A partner and select one of 4 agents on my team, JMPartners of Atlanta Fine Homes Sotheby’s International Realty, Chad Carrodus interviews me.
Almost 20 years ago, Determined to carve my own path within the real estate industry, I started with no car, a minimal wardrobe, and little to no connections.
I was relentless in pursuing success. My circumstances drove me to learn the industry inside and out and to treat each person that crossed my path with the utmost respect from a place of service. Within 2 years, I was ranked as the number two agent within a top Atlanta office. Since then I have been a top producer in Atlanta and within my brokerage today, Atlanta Fine Homes Sotheby’s International Realty.
As I’ve continued to grow my sales and business, I have been voted, One to Watch, Best in Buckhaven, and Best in Atlanta.
Today, I run our team, JMPartners Atlanta, a top real estate team in Atlanta. We are a team of real estate experts who provide their clients with the same respect and fortitude that has been with me from the beginning. Often noted for forward-thinking marketing and providing white-glove service, I founded our team to ensure each of our clients receives the best.
Chad and I talk about… How to Break into Luxury And Build a Top Team.
- Jere's start (05:08 )
- The importance of content marketing and luxury real estate (13:06 )
- Jere's advice for new agents (16:30 )
- Jere shares her biggest mistakes (17:29 )
- The future of the industry and the real estate agents who will flourish (24:33 )
- How Jere built a great team (32:04 )
- The key things to look for when hiring an assistant (40:41 )
- The final three (47:45 )
Resources / People Mentioned:
- Michael Dreyfus
- Blake Morar
- Jonathan Spears
- Brian Fairweather
- Sotheby’s International Realty
- Scenic Sotheby's International Realty
- Golden Gate Sotheby's International Realty
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- The Surrender Experiment by Michael Singer
- Fortitude by Dan Crenshaw
"The best things are never done by individuals, they're always done by a group of talented people."
Jere interviews the world’s most renowned and best real estate agents around the country and the world.
These outstanding Agents tell their stories, how they got into the business, and what has made them successful in one of the oldest and most competitive industries.
All of this on the “Jere Metcalf Podcast, Top Real Estate Agents tell how they do it.”
Jere Metcalf Partners