2020 Goals, Overspending on Software, and The Truth About Content Marketing
In January most of us are excited to get those New Year's goals going but are you staying dedicated or have you fallen off? I'm gonna share some tips on how I'm going to keep on track after slipping for a bit.
I'll also go into why you may want to hit pause on purchasing any new software and spill some truth about content marketing.
Be sure to check out the chapter markers for jumps to specific parts of the show.
- Get your own Look Back//Plan Ahead workbook at FreePeriodPress.com
- Planning your content marketing
- Tools like Dubsado, Monday.com, and Bench which are all used to run my business can be found on our dedicated Resources page.
- Influencer gossip stories are the best
- The tweet that sparked the debate between Hustle Culture and practicing self-care. But burnout is real and while meditation can help, like most things in life, you gotta work at it.
- Celebrating global good news from Bloomberg.
Content Marketing Links Mentioned:
- Lilo Social created a break-even social calculator so you know the ROI for social media posts/ad spend
- A bunch of CMO's tell Forbes what will happen or keep happening in the marketing world for 2020
- Garth Manthe shares some tips on spicing up your Instagram stories
- Adblock Plus is getting smarter
- Hubspot and Moz's lessons on adapting to the new era of search
- Adweek's tweet thread about what they've learned about podcasting after 182 episodes
- If you're producing content and tracking analytics, you need to be aware of California's new Consumer Privacy Laws.
- Mathew Woodward's 8 Frameworks for Amazing Content (think list posts, how-to posts, case studies, etc...)
About This Show:
Bonjour with Blythe covers the wins, losses, and lifestyle around being a present-day entrepreneur.
Contrary to popular belief, freelancing and entrepreneurialism are not all working out of coffee shops and taking insta-friendly vacations. There are real challenges (and tears!) involved with running your own business. But there are also a lot of perks; which host Blythe Brumleve hopes to share both sides of the coin in The Scouting Report show.</p