203: Female Entrepreneurship in Asia (Ashley Talks ASH3)
- 16:33 Female billionaires in China are more likely to be self-made than billionaires anywhere else in the world. What's going on with female entrepreneurship in Asia?
- 28:50 Ashley Galina's 3 personal branding messages. How seemingly different personal branding messages are connected through individual story
- 47:30 Success leaves tracks. You can break down a person's success into specific bullet points. If you want to become successful, find someone who you want to be like and model their success.
- 00:05 ASH3 - Ashley Talks with Ashley Galina Dudarenok and Graham Brown
- 00:54 Why are we talking about personal branding and female entrepreneurship today?
- 03:36 Being vulnerable is a key part of personal branding
- 06:00 Is it harder for women to stand up and be open to criticism? Using Gary V as an example
- 11:50 Female role models currently have got to their position because of their family connections, not solely by merit
- 13:20 In the past, women were equal to men in the Soviet Union and China
- 16:33 A female billionaire in China is more likely to be self-made than billionaires anywhere else in the world. Why are there super successful female entrepreneurs in Asia?
- 20:46 With movements like the #Metoo movement, are female entrepreneurs thinking the way they need to think?
- 25:15 Women are, in a way, jeopardising their own success
- 27:24 In the future, success will be measured by the fact that we don't have to talk about female entrepreneurs
- 28:50 In the context of personal branding, is Ashley conscious of what her message is? The three messages that Ashley is inspired by: China, personal branding/blogging, female entrepreneurship
- 35:40 The common theme in personal branding is you and your story, that is what people connect with
- 39:38 Creating a disproportionate value and connecting with people on a different level, teaching versus marketing
- 43:50 Ashley's advice on how to deal with self doubt and the imposter syndrome
- 47:30 The success of a person can be broken down into bullet points. Ashley shares a story and her personal experiences to illustrate that
- 57:01 At what point will you know if you are doing it right? How long should it take?
- 63:48 Up next on Ashley Talks: conversations with amazing people on a variety of exciting topics from China, Asia to female entrepreneurship
- 64:43 Get back episodes - Ashley Talks on Asia Tech Podcast and on iTunes. Tweet us @AsiaTechPod #AshleyTalks with comments and questions
308: Benjamin Joffe (Ashley Talks ASH20)
302: Olga Oleinikova (Ashley Talks ASH19)
291: Ankit Prasad (Ashley Talks ASH18)
276: Jasen Wang (Ashley Talks ASH17)
273: Fransiska Hadiwidjana (Ashley Talks ASH16)
270: Amy Blaschka (Ashley Talks ASH15)
264: Sam Waldo (Ashley Talks ASH14)
259: Nabomita Mazumdar (Ashley Talks ASH13)
254: String Nguyen (Ashley Talks ASH12)