#203 Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility with Lisa-Hendrickson-Jack
This week on The Less Stressed Life Podcast, I am joined by Lisa Hendrickson-Jack to continue our Women's Fertility discussion, this week talking all things cycle related. Lisa shares details about how she got into helping so many women navigate exactly what their cycle is telling them. She discusses period health and the vaginal microbiome. Lisa answers all the questions you want to know but is scared to ask.
- Your period is the 5th Vital Sign
- Thyroid period connection
- Charting/Tracking your period
- You can fix irregular period- do not have to "settle" or deal with them being too long or too short
- Sub Clinical Hypothyroid- what do providers think and do for this?
- Thyroid in pregnancy and miscarriage risk
- Now vs Then on birth control
- Stats on the efficacy of different methods of birth control
- Gut imbalances and recurrent yeast infections from birth control
- Identifying mucous changes
GUEST SHARED HELPFUL TIPS ON:
- Speaking to your provider about period concerns
- Properly washing your vulva
- Improving vaginal microbiome
- Foundational changes to improve microbiome and then vaginal microbiome
- Cycles and the moon
- Using light to affect your cycle
- How stress (chronic and acute) affects your cycle and what to do about it
- Diet changes that are easy but can make a huge difference
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Period Repair Book
Lisa Hendrickson-Jack is a certified Fertility Awareness Educator and Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner who teaches women to chart their menstrual cycles for natural birth control, conception and monitoring overall health. In her new book The Fifth Vital Sign, Lisa debunks the myth that regular ovulation is only important when you want children by recognizing the menstrual cycle as a vital sign. Drawing heavily from the current scientific literature, Lisa presents an evidence-based approach to fertility awareness and menstrual cycle optimization. She hosts the Fertility Friday Podcast, a weekly radio show devoted to helping women connect to their fifth vital sign by uncovering the connection between menstrual cycle health, fertility, and overall health.
WHERE TO FIND LISA:
The Fifth Vital Sign Book
Fertility Friday Podcast
WHERE TO FIND CHRISTA:
Join us on Instagram
Shop our Favorites
Loving the podcast? Leave us a review!
Sharing & reviewing this podcast is the BEST way to help us succeed with our mission to help integrate the best of East & West empower you to raise the bar on your health story. Just go to https://reviewthispodcast.com/lessstressedlife
How do you remember and put into action all the value you get from podcasts? You talk about it! You tell someone else!
What started as texts and DMs with friends and listeners is now The Less Stressed Life Podcast Facebook group. Learning is EVERYTHING. It gives us growth and we retain by sharing. Learn.Grow.Share.
Join The Less Stressed Life Podcast Whole Health Facebook Group at learngrowsharecircle.com