205: Deep Dive | What to Do When Your Purpose Starts to Suck
Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) joins us for this deep dive into how even the most driving purpose can wear you down, why meaning doesn't always align with happiness, and what you can do to recalibrate your purpose when you're discouraged by the obstacles you face in its pursuit.
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/205
What We Discuss with Gabriel Mizrahi:
- Why meaning doesn't automatically create happiness, and happiness isn't required to create meaning.
- Why, if you're doing it right, pursuing your purpose should make you miserable from time to time.
- The key upsides to embracing the difficulty of your purpose and how it drives you toward your best work.
- How to focus on the micro over the macro in order to keep you connected to your purpose when you're having your doubts.
- Understanding that discipline is knowing when to think about certain issues; denial is refusing to think about them at all.
- And much more...
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Explore Blue Diamond for all your almond product needs. From delicious almond nut snacks to gift baskets, they've got you covered at a store near you or at bluediamond.com!
MedMen is proud to be leading the way as the cannabis industry transitions from its legacy era of homegrown enterprises to an institutional phase of professional standards and practices. Experience the new normal and find your closest store at MedMen.com!
Luminary is a podcast streaming platform that gives you access to 500k+ shows, when and where you want. Sign up for Luminary Premium at luminary.link/jordan and access your first two months of premium content for free!
We all have a love affair with the silver screen. Listen in as Chuck Bryant talks with your favorite people about their favorite movies on the Movie Crush podcast here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!