#206 Simple Solutions to Back, Knee and Shoe Pain with Anya of anyasreviews.com
Anya shares her personal story as to how and why she got into the barefoot movement. She explains the benefits of barefoot footwear, how to correct past damage, and how to transition. A must-listen for anyone with lower back, hip, or knee pain as well as practitioners looking to help clients.
- Normal shoe vs barefoot shoe
- Common shoes - tapered toe does not match the shape of a foot
- Barefoot shoes match the natural shape of a foot, not restrictive
- Heel in all traditional shoes- even sneakers. Higher the heel the more compensation needed
- Barefoot Shoes do not have any heel at all- zero drop, although they can still have support
- Babies learn to walk barefoot, why do we change that at school age?
- Getting rid of pain with better/barefoot shoes
- How footwear affects the whole body
ANYA SHARED HELPFUL TIPS ON:
- Transitioning to barefoot shoes
- Where to find barefoot shoes
- Not an all or nothing thing
- Specific brands that fit the bill
- Finding affordable options for the whole family
- Ways to present natural footwear to kids
- One tip for improvement
- 3 steps to get started
MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE:
Whole Body Barefoot by Katy Bowman
Anya is a barefoot shoe expert and entrepreneur. After years of chronic foot pain, she discovered natural footwear and how it impacts the body from the ground up. Today she works to help people to find real solutions to their foot pain through better shoes and better habits. You can find barefoot shoe options for the whole family, for every occasion and budget at AnyasReviews.com
WHERE TO FIND ANYA:
Social Media: instagram.com/anyasreviews/
WHERE TO FIND CHRISTA:
Shop our Favorites
Loving the podcast? Leave us a review!
Sharing & reviewing this podcast is the BEST way to help us succeed with our mission to help integrate the best of East & West empower you to raise the bar on your health story. Just go to https://reviewthispodcast.com/lessstressedlife
A huge thank you Full Well Prenatal for sponsoring this podcast. Because of sponsors like you, we are able to offer vital information to our listening audience of health-savvy women. Visit Fullwellfertility.com and use the code LESSSTRESSED to get a discount on your order.