#206 with Brianne Kimmel - How Venture Capitalists Make Money
In this episode Sam (@theSamParr) and Shaan (@ShaanVP) are joined by solo capitalist Brianne Kimmel (@briannekimmel). They talk about how Bri got started in investing, the pros and cons of her busy schedule, and discuss some of the unicorns she's invested in. They also discuss a cool use of deepfakes, how VCs make money, and whether or not college is worth the price of admission.
* Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here: https://www.mfmpod.com/p/hotline/
* Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: https://refer.fm/million
* Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.
* (1:00 ) Intro
* (2:25 ) The Shake Up - a new podcast on the HubSpot Podcast Network
* (6:52 ) GPT-3 and Anthony Bourdain
* (11:40 ) A cool use of deepfakes
* (13:31 ) Meet Brianne Kimmel
* (16:14 ) Bri's crazy schedule
* (21:39 ) How VCs make money
* (37:33 ) Hot spaces Bri sees
* (40:54 ) Is higher education worth it?
* (50:31 ) Winners Bri sees in her portfolio