#207 Eating for Psoriasis with Kellie Blake, RDN
This week on the Less Stress Life, I talk to Kellie Blake, RDN about the challenges she's faced with a diagnosis of Psoriasis at 12 years old and symptoms since 5. "Being a somewhat sickly kid, no one put the pieces together," Kellie explains. Looking back, she talks about just how far she's come and the details of her journey to overcoming a challenging autoimmune condition. Kellie's story is relatable to so many with skin and autoimmune conditions. She shares great tips and offers real world advice for clients and practitioners alike.
- Personal elimination diet experience
- root cause approach is so important
- Disruptions in the gut microbiome at a young age- long term affects
- Autoimmune clients respond so well to food changes
- Stress fuels Psoriasis and exacerbates the problem
- Gut differences with Psoriasis
- Stress, trauma, genetics, poor nutrition, microbiome imbalances can all contribute to diagnosis
GUEST SHARED HELPFUL TIPS ON:
- Can eat as healthy as you want but need to digest and absorb
- Whole foods plant based diet
- Managing SIBO, low fodmaps diet for a little while
- Stress Management Tips
- Sleep improvement- make it a priority
- The better kinds of exercise when healing
- Types of trauma and stress
- How psoriasis presents and different types- 90% Plaque Psoriasis
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Psoriasis Cookbook and Meal Plan - by Kellie Blake
The Psoriasis Diet Cookbook Easy Healthy Recipes to Soothe Your Symptoms by Kellie Blake
Kellie Blake is a registered dietitian specializing in functional nutrition. Kellie has been able to reverse her own autoimmune symptoms with functional medicine and nutrition and she is passionate about sharing this message with her clients. She has a private practice, NutriSense Nutrition Consulting, is on the Editorial Board of Integrative Practitioner where she writes monthly articles showcasing her client case studies, and is a blogger for the Integrative and Functional Nutrition Academy. She has written 2 cookbooks: The Psoriasis Diet Cookbook and Psoriasis Cookbook + Meal Plan. In addition to her private practice, Kellie practices in the areas of psychiatry and enteral nutrition.
WHERE TO FIND KELLIE:
ON IG & FB: nutrisensenutrition
WHERE TO FIND CHRISTA:
Shop our Favorites: christabiegler.com/shop
Loving the podcast? Leave us a review and ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY NOW!
Sharing & reviewing this podcast is the BEST way to help us succeed with our mission to help integrate the best of East & West empower you to raise the bar on your health story. Just go to https://reviewthispodcast.com/lessstressedlife
A special thanks to our VIP sponsor RUPA Health, our lab concierge service that helps our clients get standard bloodwork 2/3 off retail direct to consumer lab test pricing. Let them know I sent you when you sign up for your free practitioner account.