#207 How to create a medical podcast: Tales from The Curbside
Welcome to The Curbsiders tutorial on how to create your own medical podcast. @doctorwatto and @paulnwilliamz walk you through how to conceptualize your podcast, build your team, choose your equipment and the basics of how to setup hardware and software recording. Be sure to browse the accompanying show notes for a true step-by-step guide complete with links to videos, web pages, and blog posts that we found helpful when starting our show. If it’s not in this document, then it can easily be found on YouTube, or via a Google search.
- Written and produced by: Matthew Watto MD
- Cover art and Infographic by Matthew Watto MD
- Hosts: Matthew Watto MD and Paul Williams MD
- Editor: Clair Morgan of Nodderly.com
- 00:00 Announcement, Intro, Disclaimer
- 02:53 Our top podcasting pearls
- 07:01 Find your niche
- 09:46 Logistics
- 13:25 Business, finances and legal matters
- 14:40 Equipment
- 21:48 Recording and editing
- 24:56 Website, web and media hosting
- 28:53 How to setup and record your podcast
- 35:08 Editing software
- 35:58 Search engine optimization
- 37:45 Post-processing
- 39:49 Take home points and outro
The Curbsiders report no relevant financial disclosures.
Listeners will develop a framework for how to create a medical podcast from the original idea to software, equipment, recording and a bit about editing.
After listening to this episode listeners will...
- Define your podcast’s content, and who it's for
- Conceptualize the logistics of recording a podcast
- Recall the necessary equipment and software for a medical podcast
- BRIEFLY discuss podcast editing
- Talk about how to disseminate a medical podcast (website, media host)
- Review the potential pitfalls and nuances, like intellectual property considerations, SEO, branding, etc.
Watto MF, Williams PN. "#207 How to create a medical podcast: Tales from The Curbside". The Curbsiders Internal Medicine Podcast https://thecurbsiders.com/episode-list. Air date April 16, 2020.