209: How to Trick Your Teenager into Following Good Advice | Feedback Friday
You’d love for your teenager to listen to this show and learn some life advice by proxy instead of having to endure it in real time like you did, but it seems unlikely. Why are teenagers so stubbornly opposed to parental wisdom? We can’t say for sure, but we do have some tricks for making them follow good advice against their own bratty proclivities.
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let’s dive in!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/209.
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- When your main squeeze is giving you the turd degree for having one crappy day, perhaps something else stinks about your relationship. Should you dump them?
- Your professor drops your final grade if you don’t bring a doctor’s note for absences, but doesn’t suffer consequences when they miss a class. Should you bring up this double standard?
- Your significant other failed classes early in school thanks to social anxiety, but has since improved. Is it dishonest to prop up a low GPA on a resume by specifying the higher GPA of their major?
- How do you impart what you’ve learned from this show to your teenager, who is unlikely to listen to the show directly?
- Is it worth cultivating one-sided friendship with people who seem only interested in talking about themselves and their problems?
- Life Pro Tip: It might seem common knowledge, but make proper backups of all your data — not once a year but at least once a month.
- Recommendations of the Week: Business of Being Born and Good Fortune
- A quick shoutout to Jackie Jones!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course —...