209: Thomas Wright: How to Make Small Shifts for Substantial Change
Today I’m talking to Thomas Wright, an owner, and operator of the largest Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliate in the world. In 2008, Thomas stepped in as the managing Partner of Summit Sotheby’s International Realty, which shortly after became the top brokerage in the Park City resort community and the leading brokerage in Utah.
Today he, together with his business partner, also owns and operates Sierra Sotheby’s International Realty which serves Lake Tahoe and Reno, Nevada; Synergy Sotheby’s International Realty in Las Vegas; Pacific Sotheby’s International Realty in Palm Springs; and LIV Sotheby’s International Realty in Colorado.
With 850 sales associates and 175 support staff associates, in this last year alone, 2020, the combined companies closed over $9 billion in transaction volume.
In our interview today, we break it down. I ask him how do you do it all? He owns and runs multiple brokerages. He recruits runs them and elevates everyone to the top. And, by the way, he is still selling real estate. He brings it right back to the basics. We talk about what to focus on what to do, how to do it. We tall about How to Make Small Shifts for Substantial Change.
- 02:27 : Thomas Wright: Partner of five affiliates doing 12 billion in sales and 12,000 transactions
- 10:16 : How does Thomas do it all?
- 17:54 : Three adjectives of focusing on fundamentals: Hustle, Grind and Execute
- 24:37 : How to create the best client experience
- 33:46 : Handling difficult & challenging situations
- 37:13 : Thomas talks about the greatest resource in his success
- Summit Sotheby's International Realty
- Liv Sotheby's International Realty
- Sierra Sotheby's International Realty
- Synergy Sotheby's International Realty
- Pacific Sotheby's International Realty
- Scott Webber
- Tim Stout
- Tyler Perry
- Mike Tyson
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- Lonesome Dove: A Novel by Larry McMurtry
- Undisputed Truth: My Autobiography by Mike Tyson
"In order to scale and to grow and to be the most effective, you have to have systems and processes."
Jere interviews the world’s most renowned and best real estate agents around the country and the world.
These outstanding Agents tell their stories, how they got into the business, and what has made them successful in one of the oldest and most competitive industries.
All of this on the “Jere Metcalf Podcast, Top Real Estate Agents tell how they do it.”
Jere Metcalf Partners