#21 - Breast Cancer Awareness: "I'M A SURVIVOR!" | Christine Walker
The Women's Health, Wisdom, and... WINE! podcast is a weekly conversation with practitioners, providers, patients & healers about complex reproductive medicine & women's health challenges, the value of an integrative approach to these challenges, many of the women's health topics you're already thinking about & uncomfortable talking about & my personal favorite... WINE!
Yes, Breast Cancer Awareness Month was in October; however awareness is more than a pink ribbon. True awareness is a yearlong, engaging opportunity to reflect on the importance of breast health and ways to reduce the incidence and prevalence of breast cancer.
About our guest:
- Realtor/Investor, over 15 years experience
- Masters in Public Policy
- Relocated to the DMV after interning on The Hill to pursue a career in politics
- Her diagnosis changed her life AND her career path
- No longer willing to work in a demanding environment with no flexibility and endless amounts of red tape, she decided to set out on her own and do something that would allow her the freedom to do what no job would be able to offer her... the things that matter the most when reflecting on her life: time with her son, travel, and self actualization.
- Diagnosed at 30: 4/21/2010
The Body Keeps the Score
The Cancer Fighting Kitchen
Connect with Christine:
The hashtag for the podcast is #nourishyourflourish. You can also find our practice on the following social media outlets:
Facebook: The Eudaimonia Center
For more reproductive medicine and women's health information and other valuable resources, make sure to visit our website.
Have a question, comment, or want to share your story? Email us at email@example.com.