#21 How coaches can programme for strength, with no equipment, with Luke Worthington
On this episode, I speak with my good friend and colleague Luke Worthington. He’s a cutting-edge trainer who has worked in the health & fitness industry for 20 years.
Throughout our conversation, we discuss the pressures that people face during the COVID-19 lockdown and why coaches feel that they’re not delivering enough to their clients. We also discuss how to approach new online programming in a way that clients benefit from, as well as growing their understanding of their own body and how it moves.
Take a listen to learn how you can learn to move your body from home.
Some Questions I Ask:
- How did you develop your at-home strength training program? (4:19 )
- What movements have you chosen to be part of your program that might surprise people? (13:27 )
- What is your guide called? (52:50 )
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why the fitness industry is taking a particularly hard hit during the lockdown. (3:07 )
- Why Luke is focusing his energy on helping new trainers right now. (8:03 )
- How people may experience performance gains through utilizing Luke’s movement mastery program. (21:33 )
- Why athletes taper off their training before big events and how that strategy helps athletes slow down during lockdown. (27:00 )
- How the fitness industry is evolving amidst the COVID-19 challenges. (40:20 )
Connect with Luke:
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.