21. Grown Up Wonder
Today we’re talking about Grown Up Wonder.
Wonder is one of the three aspects of Tenet #2 of Intentional Optimism, being Present.
Intentional Optimism using The Sailboat Analogy:
- Optimistic = The boat - the hull, the vehicle that gets you from island A to island B.
- Present = The centerboard - keeps you upright, focused, “centered,” if you will.
- Courageous = The rigging - this holds everything together and makes it work - your resilience.
- Energetic = The sail - without this, your boat can’t go anywhere, but when the sail fills - wow!
- Wise = The rudder - keeps you on track, heading in the right direction
- Intentional = Setting everything up to properly capture the wind
Topics discussed in this episode:
Now what? Cultivate CURIOSITY.
- Decide [11:33 ]
- To pursue Curiosity!
- To be astounded by your own knowledge and experience
- Choose [13:30 ] Take a deep breath, and choose to be amazed - life is full of wonder, and the older we get, the more wonderful it becomes.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
Franklin Planner [6:05 ] (#CommissionsEarned)
Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates, Jr. (pbs.org) [12:10 ]
Do YOU want to be part of a community that practices, encourages and supports being Intentionally Optimistic? Join me over in the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
Get your own DISC Assessment, and don't forget the 10% discount (code "PODCAST") at check out!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can be your professional encourager!
● Follow on Instagram @theintentionaloptimist
● Linked In Andrea Johnson
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AndreaJohnson)