#211 How to Save Your Gall Bladder with Kaely McDevitt, MS, RD
This week on the Less Stress Life Podcast, I talk to return guest Kaely McDevitt, MS, RD. Kaely has joined us in the past to talk about hormones, ovulation, and now gallbladder. She shares her expertise on why this organ is underappreciated and often neglected. Kaely dives into what the organ does, why to support your gallbladder, and how you just might save it.
- An underappreciated organ, what is the gallbladder, and what does it do
- The gallbladder is responsible for storing and concentrating bile
- Bile is essential for the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K
- Bile helps regulate cholesterol and blood sugar levels
- Bile is antimicrobial- helps to make sure we do not have pathogen overgrowth in GI tract
- Gallbladder liver connection
- Gallbladder stones/attack
- Gallbladder removal- not able to absorb soluble vitamins
- Common issues with the gallbladder- "sluggish" bile flow is slow or saturated
- Causes/risk factors of a sluggish gallbladder- hormones, stress, cholesterol-lowering medications, hypothyroidism, obesity, rapid weight loss, low-fat diet
- Gallbladder and hormonal changes during pregnancy
GUEST SHARED HELPFUL TIPS ON:
- Identifying gallbladder issues- elevated liver enzymes, bilirubin, ultrasound, symptoms
- Symptoms of gallbladder dysfunction- poor digestion of fat-oil in stool, stomach pain, dry skin, skin rashes, weight loss resistance, nausea, indigestion, SIBO, tender to the tough under the right rib cage
- Ways to support the gallbladder- conventionally & functionally
- How to support if your gallbladder has been removed- ox bile
- Diet mortifications- reduce fat, yay or nay?
- "If you don't use it you'll lose it"
- Gallbladder nutrients- taurine, choline, glycine
Kaely McDevitt is a Registered Dietitian specializing in women's health. She owns a virtual private practice where she and her team help their clients overcome hormone and digestive issues through personalized nutrition. Having experienced the pitfalls of a conventional approach to women's health firsthand, Kaely is passionate about empowering women to take the driver's seat over their health and wellbeing.
WHERE TO FIND GUEST:
WHERE TO FIND CHRISTA:
Shop our Favorites
Loving the podcast? Leave us a review.
Sharing & reviewing this podcast is the BEST way to help us succeed with our mission to help integrate the best of East & West empower you to raise the bar on your health story. Just go to https://reviewthispodcast.com/lessstressedlife
A special thanks to our VIP sponsor RUPA Health, our lab concierge service that helps our clients get standard bloodwork 2/3 off retail direct to consumer lab test pricing. Let them know I sent you when you sign up for your free practitioner account.