214: Gabriel Weinberg | How Mental Models Boost Super Thinking
What We Discuss with Gabriel Weinberg:
- What are mental models, and how can they be applied to make your life run more efficiently and effectively?
- How mental models used primarily in physics, economics, biology, and math can be easily adjusted for everyday decisions.
- What a South American tribe that can only count to three and our own grade school experiences with multiplication tables can teach us about the power of math as a mental model.
- Why you should be second-guessing your natural intuition during the decision-making process, and how you can use mental models to do it.
- First principles versus conventional wisdom for approaching familiar situations in an innovative way.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/214
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Eight Sleep is the first bed engineered with dynamic cooling and heating that keeps you at the perfect temperature all night long. Get $100 off your purchase when you go to EightSleep.com/jordan!
Need custom graphics, logos, or Web design? Access a community of 600,000+ designers by registering at designcrowd.com/jordan and enjoy up to $100 off with The Jordan Harbinger Show bonus offer!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
The Mental Illness Happy Hour with Paul Gilmartin is a weekly online podcast that interviews comedians, artists, friends, and the occasional doctor. Each episode explores mental illness, trauma, addiction and negative thinking. Give it a listen here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!