216 - BEFORE the Richie Brace with Dr Doug Richie
When you hear the name Dr Doug Richie, you may immediately think of the Richie Brace, but have you ever stopped to consider his podiatric career before the Richie Brace and why he chose podiatry in the first place?
In this episode, Dr Doug Richie shares his career milestones and successes and his perspective and observations of the evolution of podiatry over the past 40 years.
We also deep dive into:
- His interest in sports medicine and biomechanics.
- Coping with other aspects of podiatry, such as routine foot care.
- Being inspired by other colleagues, such as Richard Blake.
- Having an entrepreneurial spirit at college and wanting to change people’s lives.
- Not every entrepreneurial idea was a success; there were some failures before and after the Richie Brace.
- FAST BRACE – Foot & Ankle System Technology was the original name of the Richie Brace.
- His Book: Pathomechanics of Common Foot Disorders, available from https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-54201-6
- Developing business partnerships can speed up your success.
- The value of intellectual property.
- Timing is really important when you have an idea.
You Need Funding & Partnerships
You can have the best invention in the world, but if you don’t have the capital behind you to market it, it’s going to fail because it’s all about marketing.
If you can, seek a partner with like-minded goals and a long-term strategy where you can work together.
If you have any questions for Dr Doug Richie, you can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with him on LinkedIn.
Have you decided to grow your podiatry business? If you have, let's talk. You can email me at email@example.com; otherwise, look at my Mentoring page or go to my online calendar and schedule a FREE 30-minute Zoom meeting with me.
I upload all my educational and podcast videos to my Youtube channel, Tyson E Franklin - Podiatry Advisor & Mentor. Please SUBSCRIBE, and if you click on the bell icon, you'll be informed whenever a new video is uploaded.
If you want to connect with like-minded, positive podiatrists, consider joining the Podiatry Business Owners Club on Facebook.