217: Matthew Schrier | How to Survive in a Secret Syrian Terrorist Prison
Matt Schrier is an American photographer who survived seven months as an Al-Qaeda captive in Syria before escaping, and the author of The Dawn Prayer: A Memoir.
What We Discuss with Matt Schrier:
- How Matt Schrier was captured by Al-Qaeda just 45 minutes away from the border on his way out of Syria in 2012.
- How making his captors laugh on day one of his captivity got him special treatment from a usually unforgiving crowd.
- What Matt did to survive and plan an escape in spite of an unhelpful, self-sabotaging cellmate.
- Why Matthew feels betrayed by the FBI and the US government for putting intelligence gathering over the safety of Americans imprisoned by terrorists.
- Why, even after becoming the first American to escape from Al-Qaeda and his feelings of betrayal from his own government, he has no regrets about going to Syria in the first place.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/217
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
The folks at BiOptimizers understand why you're skeptical about probiotics as a way to increase your digestive and gut health. But without sharing TMI, we can confirm its patented P3-OM superstrain actually does what it's supposed to do! Curious? Go to p3om.com/jordan for 20 percent off your first order and a full money-back guarantee!
Solgar has been making vitamin supplements since 1947 in small batches to help ensure consistency in every product for the fitness-minded. Go to luckyvitamin.com/solgar right now and get $5.00 off your order of $25 or more through July 31st with code JORDAN!
Got cats? Breathe easy when maintaining the litter box with Arm & Hammer's Cloud Control dander shield technology. Plus get the confidence of guaranteed seven-day odor control. Find it in a store near you or learn more about it here!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Why do people keep resisting new things? That's the question the Pessimists Archive podcast tries to answer. Each episode travels back in time to the moment a new technology or innovation was introduced and explores why everyone was freaking out about it. Give Pessimists Archive a listen here!