#218 Brain wave types, HRV, biohacking stress and anxiety with Braintapping and neuroplasticity with Dr. Patrick Porter
This week I talk to Dr. Patrick Porter of Braintap. He shares his personal story of how he got into the field, the science behind Braintap, and the many benefits of neuroplasticity work.
- Neuroplasticity- what is it and why does it matter
- Neuroplasticity=Energy of the brain, access to information
- We have the ability to rewire the brain/nervous system
- What is Braintap- technology-enhanced meditation
- 3 Brains- Brain, Gut, and Heart
- Types of brain waves and when are they used by the brain
- How is Braintap different than meditation, hypnosis, subliminal messaging
DR. PORTER SHARED HELPFUL TIPS ON:
- Recommendations for all: Neuroplasticity work, Movement, and Recovery time
- Behavior flexibility is key "Get over it"
- When to use Braintap- to wake up. to reboot in the afternoon, to sleep
- Sound healing- using ambient sounds and binaural beats for brain retraining
MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE:
- Sylva method
Dr. Patrick K. Porter, Ph.D., is an award-winning author/speaker and the founder of BrainTap®, the leader in technology-enhanced meditation. Dr. Porter pioneered the use of brainwave entrainment to improve clarity, sleep & energy, and remains at the forefront of scientific research. He founded BrainTap with the goal of making this technology accessible to everyone. BrainTap offers over 1000 original audio sessions in 12 languages and serves a worldwide user base with its mobile app and headset. Dr. Porter has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, People, Entrepreneur, INC and on ABC, NBC, CBS as an expert in brain health & wellness, and in 2020, Dr. Porter received the IAFNR lifetime achievement award.
PROMOTION: To try Braintap
WHERE TO FIND DR. PORTER:
WHERE TO FIND CHRISTA:
Shop our Favorites
Loving the podcast? Leave us a review and ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY NOW!
Sharing & reviewing this podcast is the BEST way to help us succeed with our mission to help integrate the best of East & West empower you to raise the bar on your health story. Just go to https://reviewthispodcast.com/lessstressedlife
A special thanks to our VIP sponsor RUPA Health, our lab concierge service that helps our clients get standard bloodwork 2/3 off retail direct to consumer lab test pricing. Let them know I sent you when you sign up for your free practitioner account.