#220 Estrogen gut connection, copper issues, low progesterone and detoxifications with Sara Korzeniewski, RD, FDN-P
This week I talk to Sara Korzeniewski, RD, FDN-P from The Organic Dietician about the hormone and gut connection. Sara shares her story of her own health challenges and career choices that led to her passion for helping others find balance and optimal health.
- Birth control as a solution for heavy periods and acne
- Traditional approaches vs holistic/functional approach
- Gut and nervous system functions and effects on overall health
- Rest & Digest mode vs Fight & Flight mode
- Symptoms of excess estrogen
- Progesterone role and symptoms of low levels
- Stress effects on the body
- Estrogen and Progesterone need to be in balance
- Undereating animal proteins, plant focus neglects our hormones
- Copper in excess (from environment, birth control, stress, supplements) and the effects on estrogen
SARA SHARED HELPFUL TIPS ON:
- How to improve progesterone
- Getting enough nutrients and being able to absorb them
- Foundations of good hormone health
- Balancing nutrients
Sara Korzeniewski is a Registered Dietitian and Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner. She specializes in helping clients get to the root cause of their Adrenal, Hormone, and Digestive imbalances. After not finding answers from any practitioner for her own hormone and digestive symptoms, she created The Organic Dietitian utilizing a comprehensive mind, body, and spirit approach. Now she helps other busy women investigate the deep root causes of their own top health complaints and find the health freedom they deserve.
WHERE TO FIND SARA:
Instagram and Facebook is @theorganicdietitian
WHERE TO FIND CHRISTA:
Shop our Favorites
Loving the podcast? Leave us a review and ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY NOW!
Sharing & reviewing this podcast is the BEST way to help us succeed with our mission to help integrate the best of East & West empower you to raise the bar on your health story. Just go to https://reviewthispodcast.com/lessstressedlife
A special thanks to our VIP sponsor RUPA Health, our lab concierge service that helps our clients get standard bloodwork 2/3 off retail direct to consumer lab test pricing. Let them know I sent you when you sign up for your free practitioner account.