#221 Interstitial Lung Disease with Erin Narewski DO
Throw out your down pillows and join The Curbsiders for this lively discussion on interstitial lung disease. While the hundreds of interstitial lung disease types make this topic a bit overwhelming, breathe easy knowing that pulmonologist, Dr. Erin Narewski @erinnarewski (Temple), can boil things down to an easy to approach framework in less time than it takes to complete a few 6-minute walk tests. In this episode, we walk through the classification, relevant patient history, workup, and management of interstitial lung disease.
Listeners can claim Free CE credit through VCU Health at http://curbsiders.vcuhealth.org/ (CME goes live at 0900 ET on the episode’s release date).
- Written and Produced by: Paul Williams, MD, FACP; Nicole Kus, David Madnick, and Peter Wikoff
- Infographic and Cover Art: Edison Jyang
- Show Notes: Deborah Gorth
- Hosts: Stuart Brigham MD; Matthew Watto MD, FACP; Paul Williams MD, FACP
- Editor: Paul Williams MD, FACP (written materials); Clair Morgan of nodderly.com
- Guest: Erin Narewski DO, FCCP
Join the ACP Community!
Join the American College of Physicians today! Post-training physicians can take advantage of an exclusive limited-time $100 dues discount. Visit acponline.org/member and use the code ACPDISCOUNT. Discount is only available until June 30, 2020.
VCU Health CE
We are excited to announce that the Curbsiders are now partnering with VCU Health Continuing Education to offer continuing education credits for physicians and other healthcare professionals. Check out curbsiders.vcuhealth.org and create your FREE account!
- 0:00 Sponsor - Join the ACP community! Be IM Proud Visit acponline.org/member and use the code ACPDISCOUNT
- 00:30 Intro, disclaimer, guest bio
- 03:14 Guest one-liner, career advice, favorite failure, Picks of the Week*: The Strain, FX Horror TV Show; One Hundred Years of Solitude (book) by Gabriel Garcia Marquez; Hypoallergenic pillows; Peanut butter whiskey
- 10:02 Sponsor - Join the ACP community! Be IM Proud Visit acponline.org/member and use the code ACPDISCOUNT
- 11:00 Case from Kashlak, Definitions
- 16:40 Buckets of ILD
- 32:06 Discussion of testing ILD: Labs and Imaging
- 44:20 Imaging findings in ILD
- 49:44 Basic Management of ILD
- 61:00 Take home points and Outro
*The Curbsiders participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising commissions by linking to Amazon. Simply put, if you click on our Amazon.com links and buy something we earn a (very) small commission, yet you don’t pay any extra.
Listeners will feel comfortable with the basic pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of interstitial lung disease.
After listening to this episode listeners will…
- Be able to define the lung interstitium.
- Develop a mental framework for the basic subtypes of interstitial lung disease.
- Learn with the types of questions necessary to elucidate the pathophysiology of their patient’s ILD.
- Know the steps to initiate a workup for ILD.
- Become familiar with the treatment strategy for ILD.
Dr Narewski reports no relevant financial disclosures. The Curbsiders report no relevant financial disclosures.
Narewski E, Gorth DJ, Kus N, Madnick D, Wikoff P, Williams PN, Jyang E, Brigham SK, Watto MF. “#221 Interstitial Lung Disease with Erin Narewski DO”. The Curbsiders Internal Medicine Podcast. https://thecurbsiders.com/episode-list . June 22, 2020.