222: Matt McCarthy | The Race to Stop a Superbug Epidemic
What We Discuss with Matt McCarthy:
- How antibiotics are abused on a large scale by industrial agriculture, prescription-happy doctors, and mysophobic hand washers.
- Why antibiotic abuse is resulting in the fast-track evolution of once easily vanquished bacteria into superbugs from which we have no known protection.
- How herd immunity works, and why you may be at risk for contracting a once-eradicated disease thanks to anti-vaccination propaganda.
- Why the FDA approval process takes so long for new drugs to safely come to market, and how this hinders innovation in a profit-driven pharmaceutical market.
- How genetic editing through new CRISPR technology may be our best hope for quickly reacting to rapidly adapting superbugs.
- And much more…
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/222
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Need custom graphics, logos, or Web design? Access a community of 600,000+ designers by registering at designcrowd.com/jordan and enjoy up to $100 off with The Jordan Harbinger Show bonus offer!
Have you ever thought about the fact that where you choose to live directly affects the “you” you become? Apartments.com has the most listings, which means you have the most apartments, townhomes, condos, and houses to choose from. Change your apartment, change the world at Apartments.com here!
NetSuite by Oracle allows you to manage sales, finances, accounting, orders, and HR for your business instantly on the cloud from anywhere! Download your free guide — Seven Key Strategies to Grow Your Profits — at netsuite.com/jordan!
Express knows that if you live in your jeans, comfort and fit are important. Get $20 off any one pair of jeans using the code 9993 at checkout in stores or online at express.com!