222: Matt McCarthy | The Race to Stop a Superbug Epidemic
What We Discuss with Matt McCarthy:
- How antibiotics are abused on a large scale by industrial agriculture, prescription-happy doctors, and mysophobic hand washers.
- Why antibiotic abuse is resulting in the fast-track evolution of once easily vanquished bacteria into superbugs from which we have no known protection.
- How herd immunity works, and why you may be at risk for contracting a once-eradicated disease thanks to anti-vaccination propaganda.
- Why the FDA approval process takes so long for new drugs to safely come to market, and how this hinders innovation in a profit-driven pharmaceutical market.
- How genetic editing through new CRISPR technology may be our best hope for quickly reacting to rapidly adapting superbugs.
- And much more…
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/222
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Disgraceland is a true crime podcast about musicians getting away with murder. If you love true crime and you love music, get ready to love Disgraceland here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!