#223 Disordered eating, sports nutrition and emotional impact gastrointestinal issues with Dr. Heather Finley, RD
Today on The Less Stressed Life Podcast I am joined by Dr. Heather Finley as she bravely shares her story and struggles with GI issues, her educational adventure and how she became the practitioner she is today. She dives into disordered eating, sports nutrition and the emotional side of digestive issues and how we can help ourselves and our clients.
- Disordered eating clients have GI issues- bloating, gas, SIBO, parasites, slow motility, bacterial overgrowth
- Stress/gut relation
- Thyroid (hypothyroidism) impacts on the gut
- College athletes- lack of nutrition education while over training and effects on the body long term
- SIgns of blood sugar imbalance: hangry, moody, afternoon sleepiness, shaky, nauseous, thirsty
- Foundations for good digestion- a must when addressing gut issues
- Probiotics for constipation and gut health
GUEST SHARED HELPFUL TIPS ON:
- Connecting the pieces and body systems- whole body approach
- Tips for better digestion, importance of the cephalic phase
- Travel constipation- stress impact on GI system, dehydration, lack of movement/routine, stable blood sugar
- How to properly space meals for blood sugar regulation and better digestion
- TImeline for healing and expectations
- Helping clients understand and self awareness
Dr. Heather Finley is a Registered Dietitian with a Doctorate in Clinical Nutrition. Dr. Heather struggled with her own gut health issues and chronic constipation for 2 decades which left her confused about food, her social life in shambles and food guilt at an all time high. She went to college to study to be a dietitian thinking she could solve her problems and instead of having clarity for why she was constipated, she was more confused than ever. When she started her doctorate program focused on a functional approach to clinical nutrition, a lightbulb went off in her head and her entire mindset towards nutrition and gut health completely transformed.
This was when she began to realize that nutrition for gut health is so much more than what you eat. She then realized that individuals shouldn’t have to get a degree to fix their gut issues. That’s why, over the last decade, Dr. Heather has developed a proven approach to gut health that actually WORKS! – the gutTogether™ program. This 6-month program helps her clients get to the root cause of constipation and bloat so they can enjoy life with food freedom and confidence.
WHERE TO FIND HEATHER:
WHERE TO FIND CHRISTA:
Shop our Favorites
Loving the podcast? Leave us a review and ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY NOW!
Sharing & reviewing this podcast is the BEST way to help us succeed with our mission to help integrate the best of East & West empower you to raise the bar on your health story. Just go to https://reviewthispodcast.com/lessstressedlife
A special thanks to our VIP sponsor RUPA Health, our lab concierge service that helps our clients get standard bloodwork 2/3 off retail direct to consumer lab test pricing. Let them know I sent you when you sign up for your free practitioner account.