#224 Practical strategies for gut health IBS, bloating and constipation with Dena Norton, RD
This week on The Less Stressed Life Podcast, I speak with guest Dena Norton, MS, RD. We discuss all things gut health, IBS, and all the symptoms that come with it. Dena shares her strategies for those looking for the basics of good gut health and also those with long-term gut problems in search of symptom relief.
- Foundations for gut health
- Defining IBS- irritable bowel syndrome (diagnosis of exclusion)
- Common IBS symptoms
- Root cause approach to better gut health
- Food gut health connection
- Conventional vs Functional approach to IBS
- Role of stress on the gut
DENA SHARED HELPFUL TIPS ON:
- Managing the Brain-Gut connection
- Ensuring good digestion
- 10 practical strategies for gut health (how do you eat, bitter foods/teas, gut rest, breathing/stretching exercises, abdominal massage, toilet stool)
- Advanced strategies after trying basics- root cause approach for supporting good motility long term
- Gut imbalances these tips will not fix
- Finding a provider to really look at the whole picture- labs and symptoms alike
Dena Norton, MS, RD is a registered dietitian and Holistic Nutrition Coach with Back To The Book Nutrition, a web site and virtual practice dedicated to helping clients find and fix the root causes of their gut and hormone symptoms so they can get back to life! Dena holds bachelor's and master's degrees in nutrition, and is currently finishing up her functional medicine certification.
When Dena faced HPA Axis Dysfunction, hormone imbalance, and IBS symptoms that traditional medicine couldn't explain or fix, she found answers in the world of holistic nutrition and functional medicine. Her own dramatic recovery opened her eyes to a whole new approach to health and gave her a passion to help others find healing as well.
With over 15 years of experience in both the traditional medical system and the holistic health sphere, Dena now combines all she's learned to leverage the best research-backed and results-driven approaches to help her clients optimize their health. Her work has been featured on Dr. Axe, Prevention Magazine, Fitness Magazine, The Huffington Post, and many others.
WHERE TO FIND DENA:
WHERE TO FIND CHRISTA:
Shop our Favorites
Loving the podcast? Leave us a review and ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY NOW!
Sharing & reviewing this podcast is the BEST way to help us succeed with our mission to help integrate the best of East & West empower you to raise the bar on your health story. Just go to https://reviewthispodcast.com/lessstressedlife
A special thanks to our VIP sponsor RUPA Health, our lab concierge service that helps our clients get standard bloodwork 2/3 off retail direct to consumer lab test pricing. Let them know I sent you when you sign up for your free practitioner account.