225: Kim Scott | Care Personally, Challenge Directly with Radical Candor
Kim Scott (@kimballscott) is a co-founder of Radical Candor, LLC and author of Radical Candor: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity.
What We Discuss with Kim Scott:
- How the best lessons about management can be learned from our worst bosses.
- Why the worst bosses aren’t necessarily the worst people in the world, and how relating to them as human beings makes challenging their bad decisions easier.
- How then-Google executive Sheryl Sandberg changed an important aspect of Kim’s long-term career potential by caring personally, but challenging directly when spotting room for improvement.
- The four quadrants of the Radical Candor framework.
- How conscientious bosses can avoid promoting ruinous empathy, manipulative insincerity, and obnoxious aggression.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/225
Calm is the number one app for meditation and sleep! Want to explore its many benefits? Enjoy an exclusive discount of 25% off a Calm premium subscription by going to calm.com/jordan!
Hover knows that every great idea deserves a great website domain name, so it provides you with this clean and simple service with human support and no upsells! Go to hover.com/jordan to get 10 percent off your first purchase!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
Vincero Watches creates exceptionally crafted watches, and it does it without breaking the bank. Get 15 percent off your entire order with code JORDAN at vincerowatches.com!
Disgraceland is a true crime podcast about musicians getting away with murder. If you love true crime and you love music, get ready to love Disgraceland here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!