225: Kim Scott | Care Personally, Challenge Directly with Radical Candor
Kim Scott (@kimballscott) is a co-founder of Radical Candor, LLC and author of Radical Candor: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity.
What We Discuss with Kim Scott:
- How the best lessons about management can be learned from our worst bosses.
- Why the worst bosses aren’t necessarily the worst people in the world, and how relating to them as human beings makes challenging their bad decisions easier.
- How then-Google executive Sheryl Sandberg changed an important aspect of Kim’s long-term career potential by caring personally, but challenging directly when spotting room for improvement.
- The four quadrants of the Radical Candor framework.
- How conscientious bosses can avoid promoting ruinous empathy, manipulative insincerity, and obnoxious aggression.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/225
Disgraceland is a true crime podcast about musicians getting away with murder. If you love true crime and you love music, get ready to love Disgraceland here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!