#225 Insulin resistance, leptin issues, estrogen dominance and neuroplasticity affecting metabolism and weight loss with Casey Farlow, RD
This week on The Less Stressed Life Podcast, I am joined by Casey Farlow, RD who works with women to balance their hormones and work on weight loss in a holistic way for long-lasting results. We discuss the role hormones, inflammation, and gut imbalances have on weight loss and why neuroplasticity work is so incredibly important.
- How to reset hormones
- Inflammation effects on weight loss
- Gut imbalances and weight gain
- What does a calorie deficit do to our thyroid, metabolism, and sex hormones
- Importance of neuroplasticity work in the healing process
- Vit D effects on weight loss and insulin response
- Getting beyond the calories to skill build
GUEST SHARED HELPFUL TIPS ON:
- Having a positive mindset for weight loss
- How to lose weight safely but steady
- Neuroplasticity- nervous system calming
- Neuroplasticity practices we can all do- body scans, breathwork, meditation, thought retraining, gratitude
- Testing to get to the root cause- bloodwork and/or DUTCH test
- Stopping to enjoy the hear and now instead of getting caught in the "push through"
Casey Farlow is a registered dietitian nutritionist specializing in hormone balancing and taking a holistic approach to weight loss. Casey is passionate about getting women off the restrictive diet roller coaster that is leaving so many women feeling fatigued, brain fogged, and like they are barely getting by.
Casey focuses on weight loss from a holistic perspective, incorporating aspects of gut health, hormone balance, genetic analysis, and neuroplasticity to boost metabolism and help women to feel their best physically, mentally, and spiritually.
WHERE TO FIND CASEY:
Instagram and TikTok @hormone.weightloss
WHERE TO FIND CHRISTA:
Shop our Favorites
Loving the podcast? Leave us a review and ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY NOW!
Sharing & reviewing this podcast is the BEST way to help us succeed with our mission to help integrate the best of East & West empower you to raise the bar on your health story. Just go to https://reviewthispodcast.com/lessstressedlife
A special thanks to our VIP sponsor RUPA Health, our lab concierge service that helps our clients get standard bloodwork 2/3 off retail direct to consumer lab test pricing. Let them know I sent you when you sign up for your free practitioner account.