228 - Comprehensive Treatment of Hallux Limitus with DL Walker
Comprehensive Treatment of Hallux Limitus: Myofascial, Musculoskeletal & Mental Considerations.
Hallux Limitus can be a debilitating and painful condition, progressively worsening if left untreated or treated incorrectly, and my guest, DL Walker, is a Corrective Manual Therapist specialising in foot and ankle dysfunctions.
In this episode, DL will explain her approach to successfully treating hallux limitus and how you can immediately apply this knowledge to your patients.
We also discuss:
- Why it is important to get to the root cause of hallux limitus.
- When it hurts is more important than how much it hurts.
- Predisposing Factors: Biology versus Functionality.
- Why do you need stability in order to have mobility?
- Release, Realign and Reinforce the joint.
- What is Functional Manual Therapy?
- Are you looking at a restriction problem or a stability problem?
- Five important processes:
- Reduce Inflammation
- Protect the joint
- Mobilisation and release of connective tissue around the joint.
- Adjust the mindset.
If you would like to connect with DL Walker or learn about any of her upcoming courses, please visit www.dlwalkerconsultant.com
If you have any questions about this episode, please email me at email@example.com.
Are you looking for a Podiatry Business Coach who thinks differently? If you are, please reach out via email and let's have a chat to see if we're a good fit for each other.
Are you SUBSCRIBED to my YouTube Channel, Tyson E Franklin - Podiatry Business Coach? YouTube is where I upload all the uncut videos from my podcasts and other short business tip videos.
Podiatry Business Owners Club
Please visit my group, the Podiatry Business Owners Club, on Facebook if you want to connect with like-minded podiatrists who enjoy business.
12-Week Podiatry Business Reboot
Have you done the 12-Week Podiatry Business Reboot? It will change the way you think about your podiatry business.