23 - From Local Image Consultant to Globally Recognized Style Blogger with Imogen Lamport
This week’s podcast guest is coming all the way from the land Down Under! Yep, that’s right, Emily is chatting with Imogen Lamport, Australian native and professionally trained, internationally certified Image Consultant (aka a personal stylist) and a certified Type Practitioner. Imogen loves to share what she knows so that others can stop wasting money on clothes that don’t work, and discover the ones that make them look and feel fabulous. Imogen uses her business, Inside Out Style, to fulfill her life’s mission to “empower you to express your style.”
Imogen discovered she had a love of the science behind style and how personality played an influential role. When she realized image consulting was something she could actually study and get certified in, she knew it was the perfect opportunity to combine her passion with her desire to one day start her own business.
In 2008 Imogen began writing 3-5 posts a week as she started creating a local community based blog. Consistently showing up and providing content for her website greatly expanded her SEO, helping to build relationships with other bloggers. Her blog posts led to the release of her first eBook, which led to more posts and more eBooks, and eventually led to her writing virtual programs. As people continued to ask Imogen for personal consultations and to be trained by her themselves to become personal stylists, she realized she needed a way to do so virtually to meet her growing demand. Leaning into technology to deepen connections, create opportunities, and reach farther than she ever imagined, Imogen has continued to aim for viability and scalability.
This episode will leave you feeling inspired to create amazing content and expand your reach.
Tune in for topics like:
- How Imogen grew her local styling blog to a global market
- Why creating *useful* content on your website is what moves the needle
- The benefit of creating a business that isn’t solely dollars for time
- The importance of diversifying your revenue streams
- Why an online presence is so critical
Links from the episode:
- Learn more from Imogen’s encyclopedia of style by visiting the Inside Out Style website
- Connect with Inside Out Style on Facebook
- Be inspired to create your personal style by following Imogen on Instagram
- Follow me (Emily Steele) (Love Local) on Instagram for a little business + a little life, and a whole lot of positive energy!
Thank you for listening, friend. See you in the next episode!