23. How to turn an everyday passion into profit, with Melissa James
Have you discovered a passion that you would like to pursue but are unsure how to go do it? Are you unhappy with your current career and ready for a life change? Learn what triggered Melissa James to leave her successful twenty year corporate career to begin a passion project she discovered as a result of getting a newborn German Shepherd. She walks through the steps she took to create her business from scratch and how she accidentally discovered what feeds her soul on a daily basis.
Melissa James grew up on Long Island and developed a real passion for cooking as her father owned restaurants but after a semester in culinary school she quickly realized cooking was not her path. Instead, Melissa dove straight into a corporate path becoming a senior insurance agent with AllState for 20 years.
However after becoming the owner of a tenacious German Shepherd puppy combined with the wear and tear of a high-powered corporate life, Melissa left it all behind to begin her own dog training business called Warrior Paws.
She is the lucky wife of a military veteran and fur mom to 5 dogs.
Warrior Paws Dog Training Facebook Page
- How your family upbringing shapes your career views
- How specific moments throughout your career stand out as pivot points
- Why life moments can lead to discovering a potential life passion
- How to turn your passions into a successful and profitable career
- How a light bulb moment helps you discover it is time to make a career move
- How to discover your transferable skills and leverage to build a business around your passions
- How to take action toward a new career path even when it feels uncomfortable
- When it makes sense to leave your unhappy career and pursue your dream career
- Why money should not be a deciding factor in pursuing your dreams and ultimate happiness
- Why you must uncover the real reason why you want to leave your current unhappy career is important to discover your ultimate dream job
- How to discover what feeds your soul
- Why surrounding yourself with people who build you up is important to your overall life success
- Why comparing yourself to other people will hinder your personal growth
- Why no matter what level of income others have, they are always broke at a different level
Connect with Cory
Be sure to like my Facebook page @CoryCalvinOfficial to watch the live (video) podcast recordings and to receive updates on inspirational books and online courses I am creating. Become a member of my tribe.... www.corycalvin.com/tribe