23. Unconventional Leadership
Today we’re talking about what it means to be an Unconventional Leader. Built loosely around Prov. 31 Woman - a strong woman who just so happens to be a great Leader.
Unconventional Leaders LEAD At EVERY level, in ANY area, using their UNIQUE gifts but there are certain characteristics that highlight an Intentionally Optimistic and Unconventional Leader.
The Sailboat of Intentional Optimism:
- Optimistic = The boat - the hull, the vehicle that gets you from island A to island B.
- Present = The centerboard - keeps you upright, focused, “centered,” if you will.
- Courageous = The rigging - this holds everything together and makes it work - your resilience.
- Energetic = The sail - without this, your boat can’t go anywhere, but when the sail fills - wow!
- Wise = The rudder - keeps you on track, heading in the right direction
- Intentional = Setting everything up to properly capture the wind
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Charisma / Being Charismatic - valuing others in tangible ways [4:00 ]
- Serving others [7:57 ]
- Sharing your vision [11:05 ]
Cultivate your Leadership.
- Decide [15:05 ]
- To Value others - be Humble & Curious!
- Serve others - Time, Money, Ideas, Power
- Share your vision - for NOW or tomorrow.
- Choose to do it with grace, composure, confidence, kindness and patience. Link arms and walk courageously into the new opportunities that we help create - together.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
"Intentional Leadership" Blog Post, The Intentional Optimist, Nov. 2019
Do want to be part of a community that practices, encourages and supports being Intentionally Optimistic? Join me over in the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AndreaJohnson)