#230 Autoimmune thyroid issues, hashimotos, graves disease, migraines, gluten free and more with Nicole Fennell, RD
This week on The Less Stressed Life Podcast, I am joined by Nicole Fennell, RD. Nicole shares her personal health story and the changes she had to make when diagnosed with Hashimoto's. She talks about all things thyroid and what she sees in practice as well as overcoming challenges to feel better.
- Can take 7-10 years for Hashimoto's diagnosis
- Root cause of thyroid disorders- autoimmune or not autoimmune
- Labs for checking thyroid - a full thyroid panel -TSH, total t3 and t4, free t3 and t4, antibodies, reverse t3, tbg, sex hormone binding globulin
- Symptoms must be considered with labs
- Normal labs vs optimal labs
- How can you get needed nutrition to support thyroid
- How to dig deep to find out why symptoms are there
- Next level labs/tests- GI, micronutrient, hair mineral analysis WITH quality interpretation
- Stress may impact the thyroid function
GUEST SHARED HELPFUL TIPS ON:
- Working to get labs drawn
- My labs are "normal" but I feel crappy" what to do
- Getting a good provider on your health care team
- Mindset changes around diet
- Supporting the basics- nutrition, sleep, lifestyle
- Nourish your body don't deprive
- Do you need to be gluten free with Hashimoto's?
Nicole is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist certified in Integrative and Functional Medical Nutrition Therapy. After years of working as a clinical inpatient Dietitian, her personal journey with thyroid autoimmunity led her to eventually start a private practice that challenged the "status quo" of what it means to be healthy since following all the "diet rules" is what made her sick. Her work with those who have autoimmune thyroid disease is a root-cause approach, marrying a flexible food framework and personalized lab data to create sustainable and realistic lifelong changes. Nicole takes a nourishment over deprivation approach and helps women mend their metabolism, banish brain fog, enhance energy, and redefine their relationship with food and their bodies.
WHERE TO FIND NICOLE:
FREEBIE FROM NICOLE: Free "Thyroid School" email sign up and free "Thyroid School Community Chat"// I would also like to link to my self-paced Brain Fog Bootcamp: Thyroid self-paced course through website
WHERE TO FIND CHRISTA:
Shop our Favorites
Loving the podcast? Leave us a review and ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY NOW!
Sharing & reviewing this podcast is the BEST way to help us succeed with our mission to help integrate the best of East & West empower you to raise the bar on your health story. Just go to https://reviewthispodcast.com/lessstressedlife
A special thanks to our VIP sponsor RUPA Health, our lab concierge service that helps our clients get standard bloodwork 2/3 off retail direct to consumer lab test pricing. Let them know I sent you when you sign up for your free practitioner account.