239 | The Gatekeepers are Gone
- Don't believe that you need anyone's permission for access anymore. The gatekeepers are gone and the ability to access knowledge on-demand and create a business model around it has never been easier.
- The realization that you have autonomy gives you control over your life is transformational. You can control your expenses and reach FI. You can choose to pursue interest-led learning and follow a passion. There is no more "they" you need to seek permission from.
- MK didn't need the permission of traditional publishing's gatekeepers, instead, she learned how to self-publish.
- Employers are beginning to value skills over degrees. Google recently announced they are offering 3 new online certificate programs in skill areas critically important to the tech industry. Google is even offering 100,000 need-based scholarships for individuals enrolled in the certificate programs.
- Start building a talent stack around what interests you.
- Bradley Rice from episode 117 is building BradForce Academy, a course designed for people in a Salesforce career looking for more freedom and flexibility.
- Working just 20 hours a week as a Salesforce Freelance Administrator in 2019, Bradley Rice made $225,000 using skills he had picked up during his lunch hour.
- From the community, Chris shared a big win on the ChooseFI Facebook page. He and his wife maxed out her Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and used to it help pay off her student loans once it reached its maturity to qualify as long-term capital gains. For the first time in 20 years, they feel like they are winning the game.
- Josh challenged Brad to share what his Todoist organized life looks like. In it, Brad has everything scheduled, from chasing his home air filters every 2 months to passport renewal reminders to subscription cancelation dates.
- Brad's taking his Red X month off from work, but ChooseFI episodes will continue with amazing pre-recorded shows, including an episode with The Budgetnista, Tiffany Aliche, and deep dives with the Households of FI.
- Jonathan issues a challenge to start on the path to FI. Gather a small group of friends and go through a 6-8 week transformation together starting September 1.
Resources Mentioned In Today's Conversation
- Google Announces 100,000 Scholarships for Online Certificates
- Earn $1000 or more with ChooseFI's 3 Card Cashback Strategy
- M1 Finance
- ChooseFI Episode 117 Making the Case for Part Time with Bradley Rice
- Salesforce Freelance Consulting Course Preview
- BradForce Academy
- BradForce YouTube Channel
- ChooseFI Episode 024R The Friday Roundup | How to Hack Your ESPP
- ChooseFI Episode 221 Introducing Our Households of FI!! Part 1
- ChooseFI Episode 224 Introducing Our Households of FI!! Part 2
- ChooseFI's FREE FI101 Course
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store