239. Julie Desmarais (Publicist): Behind the Scenes at Cirque du Soleil’s AXEL
Show notes, tools and resources: https://www.feisworld.com/blog/julie-desmarais
About Julie Desmarais
Julie Desmarais is a publicist at Cirque du Soleil. Originally from Montreal, Julie has been with the company for many years. We met for the first time during CRYSTAL opening in Boston two years ago. Most recently, I interviewed her backstage for the new Cirque du Soleil ice show called AXEL.
After dozens of interviews with circus artists, Julie became the first publicist we interviewed on podcast.
When you meet Julie and no matter how busy she is, she greets you with a big and authentic smile. She loves her work, and that love fuels her creative energy.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What it means to be a publicist at Cirque du Soleil
- How Julie became a publicist for the company
- What it’s like to travel on the road with performers, and how that changes the relationships among people (for the better)
- How to reinvent yourself in your career
- How YOU can apply for jobs in and outside of circus roles (costume, accessories, finance, infrastructure and more) at Cirque du Soleil: https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/careers/talent
- BONUS Career Tip: How to stand out from the crowd and make the right connections for your next career move
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/feisworld/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/feisworld/support