240: Richard Clarke | Defending Ourselves in the Age of Cyber Threats
Richard Clarke (@richardclarke) served for 30 years in national security policy roles in the US government and worked directly for three presidents. He is the host of the Future State Podcast and co-author of The Fifth Domain: Defending Our Country, Our Companies, and Ourselves in the Age of Cyber Threats.
What We Discuss with Richard Clarke:
- How we're in constant low-grade cyber conflict with Russia, China, Iran, and other adversarial nation states -- and the forms this can take.
- Cyber crime was a $600 billion industry (one percent of global GDP) in 2018, much of it perpetrated by rogue nations like North Korea.
- How cyberattacks can be (and have been) used to wreak physical damage on infrastructure, and why we should take them as seriously as traditional weaponry.
- Is it the government's job to protect private companies against cyberattacks from foreign powers, or is it up to private companies to be responsible for their own safety?
- Why there's a crisis-level shortage of cybersecurity expertise coming out of our country's most serious tech schools, and where it's being found instead.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/240
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
KiwiCo delivers monthly STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) crates that inspire kids to see themselves as scientists, artists, creators, and makers. Get your first month free at kiwico.com/jordan!
Live your best life online with Dashlane -- the safe, simple way to store and fill passwords and personal information. Find out how Dashlane keeps you secure where others fail and get 10 percent off for being one of the first 200 to try it at dashlane.com/jordan!
Saving money on your car insurance is easy with Progressive. It's an average savings of $699 a year for customers who switch and save! Get your quote online at Progressive.com and see how much you could be saving today!
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reminds us that in the United States, one person dies every 50 minutes as a consequence of drunk driving. <a href="https://www.nhtsa.gov/"...