#240 Ask Christa: what do you do if you still have "gut issues" after "trying everything" and thoughts on IF and improving energy in hypothyroidism + conventional GI approaches to functional GI and failed functional GI approaches.
- I'm hosting a LIVE Ask Christa call for RDs & licensed health professionals (MDs, PA, NP, DC, PT, etc) in July. Space is limited to 20 seats & anything is on the table except legal questions. Learn more and register here (fast!) www.askchrista.com
- Heather sent this sweet message to my guest Bea after episode #229 aired with her live mashup breathwork and thetahealing : I had the MOST profound experience through your work on the podcast The Less Stressed Life.
- >> Listen to the episode and do the 15 min breathwork session at the end to feel all the feels! https://open.spotify.com/episode/4uHAR0s3vjG9cgM1Fj9Obp?si=scLX7n6ARd6hU4kR6kT9YA Episode #229
- Frankie asked: What can I do for more energy and weight loss with hypothyroidism? I considered intermittent fasting but not sure what that would look like.
*I will mention that I work with a lot of subclinical (undiagnosed) thyroid issues but if you have a known diagnosis and have been on the medication train a while, another amazing resource is also ChewsFoodWisely (my friend Nicole Fennell, MS, RD runs this practice and she is a doll).
- Melissa asked: If one were to want a consult with you ? How would I go about that and does insurance ever cover ? …. I grew up going to - what I would call a healer … had major gut issues in college and he told me some certain foods to avoid and changed everything - I still avoid them - but within the last year I’ve developed a rash on both shins … some on my scalp … and no medicine is curing it … I have a strong inclining it could be gut related .. food allergy- something ….. and just kind of wondering some next possible steps I could take.
*I answered all these and more and made sure to address the role of conventional GI vs functional GI and then what to do in failed functional GI work!
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store