246 - Being A Diabetic Helped Me Empathise with My Patients with Dr David Farnen, DPM.
Dr David Farnen is the co-owner of Cutting Edge Foot and Ankle Clinic in Nashville, Tennessee.
Today, we're going to discuss his career, business ownership, and how being diagnosed with rare, delayed onset, type-1 diabetes at the ripe old age of twenty-three was initially devastating for his career; however, it is now an asset, making him more empathetic to his patients.
We also discuss the following:
- Why Nashville is a fantastic city with true southern comfort, hospitality, food and music.
- The multifaceted aspects of podiatry.
- The stress of being asked if he was a drug addict before his diabetes diagnosis.
- How depression after the diagnosis forced him to leave the residency program and his thoughts around very few colleagues reaching out to see if he was okay.
- He felt embarrassed and didn't want to tell anyone other than his family.
- How it has helped him empathise with his patients.
- Why they expanded to five (5) locations around the city of Nashville
- The power and benefits of Social Media and why we should embrace it. If you want to connect with Dave, you'll find him on Instagram @itsdrdavedpm.
"Patients want to know more about YOU as a person because they can use Google for their foot problems".
Final Tip - Treat everybody as though they're family, and BE NICE.
If you have any questions about this episode, please email me at email@example.com.
Are you looking for a Podiatry Business Coach who thinks differently and has a proven track record of helping podiatrists excel in business? If you are, please email me and let's chat to see if we're a good fit.
By the way, I only work with podiatrists.
Are you SUBSCRIBED to my YouTube Channel, Tyson E Franklin - Podiatry Business Coach? YouTube is where I upload all the uncut videos from my podcasts, quick business tips and life hacks.
Podiatry Business Owners Club
Please visit my group, the Podiatry Business Owners Club, on Facebook if you want to connect with like-minded podiatrists who enjoy business.
SAVE THE DATE - Friday, 21st and Saturday, 22nd of July, 2023.
Jonathan Small will run a 2-Day, Work Smarter, Not Harder LIVE workshop in Brisbane, Queensland.
There are ONLY 30 seats available and booking details will be available soon.
If you'd like to be added to our 'Priority Booking List', please email me, and I will ensure you're given 24 hours notice before bookings are open to everyone else.