#249: Streamlining Your Freelance Workflow: How Mike Cervantes Manages Thousands of Projects Per Year
This week's episode of the 6 Figure Creative podcast is part 2 of my in-depth discussion with Mike Cervantes.
Mike is a highly successful freelance mastering engineer who has collaborated with renowned artists such as Dolly Parton, Avril Lavigne, and Snoop Dogg. His impressive achievements include over 23 Billboard #1s and at least two gold records.
In this episode, Mike shares his secrets on how he's built out systems to manage and fulfill thousands of projects per year. He also discusses the future of his business (including Dolby Atmos & AI) and what he thinks it takes to become a one-person 7 figure freelancer.
This episode is jam-packed with valuable insights and practical advice from one of the most successful creatives in the industry. Whether you're an audio engineer, a graphic designer, a videographer, or any other type of creative freelancer, you'll find something to take away from this episode.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Dealing with growing pains in your business
- Why a second set of gear is only worthwhile if you're running in-the-box
- Setting yourself up for a long career while having a home life
- The future of mastering and AI
- Atmos vs. stereo audio
- Competing in a market where tens of thousands of songs are added to Spotify daily
For full show notes, visit https://6figurecreative.com/249