25 - Gerry D'Angelo, Procter & Gamble
How can you be an effective media director in a complex and fast-moving media industry?
This is just one of the insights shared in this #MediaSnack Meets with Gerry D'Angelo the Global Media Director of P&G, the world's largest advertiser.
We cover a lot of ground quickly in this special episode and Gerry shares a ton of his wisdom and insight learned through 20 years rising to the very top of the industry.
- What does a Global Media Director do?
- How ad fraud is still a major concern for advertisers
- You should treat a media budget like your own money
- How to manage internal stakeholders and improve their knowledge of media
- The importance of defining your company's operating model for media within the marketing organization
- The challenges and opportunities that come with corporations placing increased scrutiny on how media dollars are invested
- How marketers are approaching the threat of 'direct to consumer' brands
- What are the skills that make a good modern media director?
- Gerry's approach to the trend for in-housing
Finally, we discuss whether, in a world in which media will increasingly be bought in a biddable / auction process, large scale still matters to large advertisers or will they lose their competitive advantage?
Gerry D'Angelo LinkedIn
Gerry D'Angelo Twitter @gerrygdangelo
How Brands Grow by Byron Sharp
Interview with Gerry D'Angelo at Festival of Media - May 2017 - Media Transparency: Clean up the Supply Chain to Invest in Growth