25 Politics for the People 101 - simple terms you need to know
Host: Diane Gil
Co-Host: KeKey Huessein
In today’s episode of the Now What Podcast, Diane is joined by her co-host KeKey to talk about political keywords commonly used.
Kekey Huessein who has a vast political background along with Diane Gil who is a political enthusiast share several political terms and their meaning. They also share resources for voting and how every individual can contribute.
- Liberal: The fundamental ideals of liberalism are:
- Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of Press
- Right to Process
- Equality Under the Law
- The US was the first country to be founded on the idea of liberalism and all Americans are essentially liberals.
- Conservative: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatism
- Progressive: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressivism
- Independent: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_politician
- Republican Party: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_(United_States)
- Democratic Party: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_(United_States)
Call To Actions:
- Make sure you’re registered to vote.
- Make sure adults around you, friends and family are registered to vote.
- Donate a minimum of $3 to https://www.vote.org/ so they can continue their work.
Listen to other episodes: https:// podcasts.apple.com/ us/podcast/now-what/ id1439125172
Rate and leave a review on Apple Podcasts, it helps more people discover us and stay connected with things that matter.
This episode was executive produced by: LG Media
Episode show notes by: Tanishka Kherajani