25. How MBSR will help you live a more fulfilled life, with Dr. Chris Chroniak
Do you feel intimidated by the words meditation or mindfulness but realize that practicing mindfulness may help you? Do you want to better manage your stress? In this episode, I interview one of my mindfulness gurus, Dr. Chris Chroniak, someone who taught me how to go deeper with my meditation practice. My goal with this conversation is to help you learn how mindfulness can lead you on a path of ultimate fulfillment and help answer questions you may have around meditation. And at the end, Dr. Chroniak provides a helpful meditation tool you can use during any stressful moment to calm your mind and body.
Dr. Chris Chroniak
Chris Chroniak is a licensed clinical psychologist with 37 years of clinical experience. He received his doctorate in Counseling Psychology from Loyola University of Chicago. Dr. Chroniak specializes in integrating mindfulness into his work as an individual and couples therapist. He has completed advanced training in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center, as well as Yoga Chicago's yoga teacher's training program. Dr. Chroniak is one of the most experienced and active MBSR instructors in the Midwest Region. He has taught the MBSR Program and the Graduate MBSR Program for the past 25 years in hospitals, clinics, corporate settings, and other locations throughout the Chicagoland area.
Dr. Chroniak's practice: The Insight Center
- What mindfulness means
- How meditation leads to mindfulness
- Why mindfulness is so powerful to unlock your life
- Why chronic stress creates inflammation that can lead to disease in the body
- What are the four components of holistic wellness
- How the body uses resources when stressed that prevents the body from building muscle or losing boy fat
- How we can live in constant stress but are unable to notice it
- Why there is no separation from the mind and body
- What are the components of a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program
- Why you have to get out of auto-pilot to begin living a fulfilled life
- Worry: Hope and Help for a Common Condition by Edward M. Hallowell, MD
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Want to learn more about Cory's experience in Dr. Chroniak's MBSR program? Click here to email him and he will reach out to provide feedback if it makes sense.
Connect with Cory
Be sure to like my Facebook page @CoryCalvinOfficial to watch the live (video) podcast recordings and to receive updates on inspirational books and online courses I am creating. Become a member of my tribe.... www.corycalvin.com/tribe