25. The Importance of Action
Today we’re talking about what it means to be an Industrious, the first part of the Tenet of Energetic. Hard-working, diligent, conscientious, persevering through new experiences and ideas… applies to us as leaders in our families and our communities. Having an industrious bent allows us to provide for ourselves, our families and others, in ways that empower.
Intentional Optimism - Your Vehicle for Personal Growth:
- Optimistic = The hull, the vehicle that gets you from island A to island B.
- Present = The centerboard - keeps you upright, focused, centered.
- Energetic = The sail - captures & harnesses the wind, propelling you forward.
- Courageous = The rigging - holds everything together in proper tension , resilience.
- Wise = The rudder - keeps you on track, heading in the right direction.
- Intentional = Setting everything up to properly capture the wind.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Decide to DO Something [10:21 ]
- Create! Are you thinking outside the box for creative solutions to your challenges? Celebrate that, and lean in. But don’t stop there. Look for new ways to create.
- Get your financial chops in order! You know more than you think, and you CAN learn the basics. There are so many resources out there.
- Grow your SKILLS. What skill set do you need, that will catapult you into the next level of growth, productivity, or leadership. Where are you frustrated? That’s the perfect place to start.
- Choose [11:25 ] To “put your boat in the water.” Knowing personal growth principles is only valuable when you put them into action.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
* Creative Calling: Establish a Daily Practice, Infuse Your World with Meaning, and Succeed in Work + Life - Chase Jarvis (#CommissionsEarned) [4:48 ]
* The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness - Dave Ramsey (#CommissionsEarned) [8:01 ]
* Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine - Mike Michalowicz (#CommissionsEarned) [8:07 ]
* The Money Map Mini Course - Megan Hale [8:12 ]
* The 100 Day Project [5:04 ]
Do want to be part of a community that practices, encourages and supports being Intentionally Optimistic? Join me over in the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can be your professional encourager!
● Follow on Instagram @theintentionaloptimist
● Linked In
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AndreaJohnson)