251: Freestyle Friday | Book Review: Never Split the Difference
Travis Chappell reviews the book Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss from the perspective of someone who has an extensive background in door to door sales. Find out why Travis views this book as one of the best sales books out there.
- How Chris Voss’s hostage negotiation background never allowed him to “split the difference.”
- Chris’s six points:
- Anchor their emotions
- Let the other guy go first
- Establish a range
- Pivot to non-monetary terms
- When you do talk numbers, use odd ones
- Surprise with a gift
- How Chris implements anchoring emotions and a story right from the book.
- Let the other side anchor monetary negotiations so you don’t undersell yourself.
- Prepare yourself to withstand the first offer so your reality does not get bent.
- The Anchor and Adjustment Effect.
- Whether you should you be the “shark” or the “rookie”.
- Anchoring emotions is an effective way to bend reality.
- Let the other side anchor monetary negotiations to avoid being undersold.
- Learn whether you should be the “shark” or the “rookie” in a given situation.
- “Chris’s background in hostage negotiation taught him the importance of not splitting the difference.” -Travis
- “I highly, highly recommend Never Split the Difference, to learn effective negotiating skills.” -Travis
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group BYN.media/fb
- Join the Build Your Network University Facebook group here byn.university.
- Get your free mastermind course from Travis here: Freemmcourse.com/enroll
- Enroll in the presale of the Explode Your Network training: TravisChappell.com/Explode
- Sign up for a VIP Day with Travis: TravisChappell.com/Coaching
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It by Chris Voss