256: Malcolm Gladwell | What We Should Know about Talking to Strangers
Malcolm Gladwell (@gladwell) has written bestsellers that are probably on your shelf right now, including The Tipping Point, Blink, Outliers, and What the Dog Saw. His latest book is Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don't Know.
What We Discuss with Malcolm Gladwell:
- Why, if we don't know how to talk to strangers, we invite conflict and misunderstanding in ways that have a profound effect on our lives and our world.
- Why the information we gather from face-to-face human interaction isn't as uniquely valuable as we think it is.
- Why television makes us worse at reading other people.
- Why we think we can tell if someone is lying, guilty, or deceptive -- and why we're almost always wrong.
- What determines the direction of Malcolm's projects, and how he researches and organizes the massive amount of information that goes into them.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/256
Got cats? Breathe easy when maintaining the litter box with Arm & Hammer's Cloud Control dander shield technology. Plus get the confidence of guaranteed seven-day odor control. Find it in a store near you or learn more about it here!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you're coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you're not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
Highline Wellness offers premium CBD at honest prices, made with all-natural hemp extract and lab tested for consistent results. Get 15 percent off your next order with promo code JORDAN15 at highlinewellness.com!
Borderlands 3 lets you shoot and loot your way through a mayhem-fueled adventure and gives you the chance to save the galaxy from a fanatical threat this September 13th! Pre-order now at Borderlands.com. (Rated M for Mature.)
NetSuite by Oracle allows you to manage sales, finances,...