257: Freestyle Friday | Guys, We're Having a Baby!
In this latest edition of the only business networking podcast on iTunes, your host Travis Chappell announces the big news, he and his wife are having a baby, due in May! In this episode of Freestyle Friday Travis talks about the three lessons he’s learned as he prepares to be a dad and wants your opinion on a new project.
- It’s starting to hit home that Travis is going to be a dad soon.
- Three quick lessons Travis has been learning in preparing to be a dad:
- Good things are always on the other side of fear.
- The process is strengthening his “why” to a level its never been at before.
- Life happens fast so get started on your dreams right now.
- Travis and his wife have moved seven times and taken several career shifts.
- The death of Travis’ friend recently hit him hard and he’s realizing how fast life goes.
- If you’re doing something right now that you don’t want to be doing, why are you doing it?
- Travis is thinking of starting a YouTube channel with real and raw dad moments - let him know your thoughts!
3 Key Points:
1. It’s starting to hit home that Travis is going to be a dad soon.
2. Taking big risks is important and it would be easy to not take those risks with a new baby.
3. If you’re doing something you don’t want to be doing, ask yourself why you’re doing it.
- “My wife and I are going to have a baby, due in May!” -Travis
- “I can see why people are less willing to take risks when they have a new baby, but it’s still important.” -Travis
- “Understand that you’re going to mess up a lot, that’s part of being a parent.” -Travis
- “Nothing makes me want to not give up on my dreams more than having a son.” -Travis
- “Ask yourself what you can do to get started right now to make your dreams happen.” -Travis