259: Jolene Brighten | Finding Balance Beyond the Pill
Dr. Jolene Brighten (@drbrighten) is a nutritional biochemist, a pioneer in women's medicine, and the author of Beyond the Pill: A 30-Day Program to Balance Your Hormones, Reclaim Your Body, and Reverse the Dangerous Side Effects of the Birth Control Pill.
What We Discuss with Dr. Jolene Brighten:
- The pros and cons of using hormonal birth control.
- How the birth control pill can change who you're attracted to and why there are higher instances of divorce when women go off the pill after getting married while on it.
- The problems that arise for all of us when scientifically accurate sex education isn't mandated in every school.
- How the pill can mask symptoms of serious health problems -- even infertility.
- What you can do to alleviate potential problems from using the pill, and when to know it's time to switch doctors who don't take your concerns seriously.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/259
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Mint Mobile took what's wrong with wireless and made it right. No stores. No salespeople. Just huge, direct-to-you savings with plans as low as $15 a month. Find out how much you can start saving today at mintmobile.com/jordan!
Need custom graphics, logos, or Web design? Access a community of 600,000+ designers by registering at designcrowd.com/jordan and enjoy up to $100 off with The Jordan Harbinger Show bonus offer!
The Pitch is a Gimlet podcast hosted by Josh Muccio in which real entrepreneurs pitch to real investors -- for real money. Each episode takes listeners behind closed doors to the critical moment when aspiring entrepreneurs put it all on the line. Check out The Pitch here, on Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!