#260 | The Cambridge Analytica Scandal
In March of 2018, it was revealed that 50 million Facebook profiles had been "hacked" and used to target American voters.
The story involved Donald Trump, a supposed Russian spy, a Cambridge researcher and a political consulting company.
The only problem was, how much of it was actually true?
- The breaking of the story on March 18th 2018
- A summary of the Cambridge Analytica report in The Guardian
- The academic: Aleksandr Kogan
- The role of Facebook in 2012
- Quiz apps on Facebook (and their real purpose)
- The role of Cambridge Analytica (the company)
- Building "This Is Your Digital Life"
- How many people took the quiz?
- Was there really a "data breach"?
- What was Aleksandr Kogan's involvement in the story?
- The results come in: was the Facebook data effective at guessing someone's personality?
- Cambridge Analytica's message to its clients: "5,000 data points on over 220 million Americans"
- Working for Ted Cruz
- Working for the Donald Trump Campaign
- The news breaking in 2018
- Was Cambridge Analytica involved in Brexit?
- Conclusion: Did Cambridge Analytica actually have any involvement in the US election?
Full transcript, subtitles and key vocabulary available on the website: https://www.leonardoenglish.com/podcasts/cambridge-analytica
You might like:
Keywords: Learn English, idioms, aprende inglés, idiomas, aprender inglês, apprendre l'anglais, imparare l’inglese, ingilizce öğren,英語を習う, تعلم الإنجليزية