262: Who or What Part 6 | Grant Cardone, Caleb Maddix and Jill Stanton
In Part 6 of the Who or What Series, on The Only Business Networking Podcast on iTunes, Grant Cardone a New York Times Bestselling author and real estate mogul who’s affected hundreds of billions of dollars in sales, Caleb Maddix, a 16 year old millionaire and bestselling author and Jill Stanton from Screw the Nine to Five, talk to your host Travis Chappell about whether who or what you know is more important, and why they feel that way.
- Connections accellerate everything.
- How Grant did networking incorrectly in the beginning.
- If you are committed to greatness and making other people great it edifies you.
- When Grant wrote a check to Mandalay Bay for $4 million dollars, he provided speakers with a built-in audience.
- Flow power to power.
- The guy that helps broken people over and over is broken, you want to help people who are helping themselves.
- #1 networking tip - make a list of who you want to connect with.
- Don’t just go get a job, go work for someone.
- Jill tells a story of when a connection led to a moment of success.
- How far behind Jill would be in her business without her mentors.
- Why Jill thinks people network with the wrong motives.
- It creates a more genuine relationship with people when you focus on the relationship.
- Caleb’s dad was always pushing him out of his comfort zone.
- You’ll never get to know the who, if you don’t know the what of how to do it.
- How important it is to associate with people who are a few levels up from you.
- Getting around the right people is important because of who you become by associating with them.
- The best way to get out of an awkward conversation.
- Never apologize for approaching someone, shake their hand and ask a unique question.
- Have confidence, respect, and hunger.
3 Key Points:
- You need money, connections, and support, you can’t get places on your own.
- When you’re networking, don’t prioritize the ask, prioritize the relationships.
- You won’t get to know the “who” if you don’t have a “what.”
- “Connections accelerate everything, if you’re not first you’re last.” -Grant Cardone
- “You need to eat with kings and queens and power players.” -Grant Cardone
- “A network with a bunch of weak people is not a network.” -Grant Cardone
- “I know that relationships pay off, it’s happened for me many times.” -Jill Stanton
- “You have to get through the pain to get the prize.” -Caleb Maddix
- “When you learn how to do something the right way, you can be around anyone you want.” -Caleb Maddix
- “You don’t have to be a celebrity or influencer to be a successful, important person.” -Matt Maddix